Ancient Techniques of Oil Painting
Students will learn the ancient technique of oil painting elaborated by masters from the renaissance to the 19th century in Europe. The course will cover the basic properties and procedures of oil painting, from the first layers to the finished canvas. Students can reproduce an existing painting (The teacher will provide high quality printed images of European master’s paintings to chose from) or bring their own picture (printed on paper in good resolution at least A4 format).
What you’ll learn:
- Using the essential tools and materials of oil painting
- Canvas preparation (optional)
- The “fat over lean” rule
- Strong opaque vs. transparent pigments
- Warm vs. cool colors
- Working with basic colors
- Glazing and working with mediums
- Optical effects of glazes
Marine Caillat is from France and studied at the Academic Art in Avignon and managed “Art & Tableaux”, an art restoration studio which provided professional fine art restoration, conservation and specialized services for oil painting treatment.
Oil paint, one canvas, turpentine and linseed oil. Students must bring their own brushes and palette. An email will be sent to all registered students containing a list of brushes and directions to an art supply shop.
Start date: Wed. Oct 1
Price for 8 classes: 11,200 baht
Limited to 8 students
Students must be over 14 years old to participate
The class will be conducted in English, the professor also speaks fluent French.
- Registration must be at least 3 days ahead of the first class.
- The first payment will have to be settled at least 3 days ahead of the first class.
If you want to register, please contact: